Native Plantings and Rain Gardens have Ripple Effects on our Waters
*** The 2017 Plant Dane native plant order period has ended. Please check back in early 2018.***
PLANT PICK UP INFORMATION FOR 2017 PARTICIPANTS
Pick up your plants at 5201 Fen Oak Drive, Madison, WI on Saturday Jun 3rd, 2017 from 8:00AM to 11AM. Participants must pick up plants on this date, or have a relative, friend or neighbor pick up plants for them.
**NEW** GROW NATIVE PLANTS
Volunteer with the Dane County Land and Water Resources Department to grow native plants for use in schools and community groups that are interested in incorporating native plants but may not have the budget to purchase them. Dane County will provide seeds, seed trays, a how to guide, a 2 hour training, and will distribute your plants to community partners that need plants. https://olw-lwrd.countyofdane.com/Management/Native-Plants-and-Natural-Shorelines/Native-Plants-for-Water-Quality-and-Education
CAPTURE rainwater for native plants and gardens by installing a rain barrel.
Discounts available through the City of Madison Rain Barrel and Compost Bin Sale, Sat., May 13th, 2017 10AM-2PM.
50 Gallon Rain Reserve Rain Barrel with Diverter- $119.99 100 Gallon Rain Reserve Rain Barrel with Diverter- $214.99
Pre-order online https://www.cityofmadison.com/streets/compost/CompostBinSale.cfm. Order by May 1st and receive an additional $10 off.
Important Program Links
- 2017 Plant Dane Online Order System
- 2017 Plant Dane Native Species List
- 2017 Plant Dane Native Species Quick List
- "How to Build a Rain Garden" brochure
- Building a Rain Garden
- Plant Mix Garden Designs
- Garden Designs
- Print your own rain garden sign
- "Ripple Effects" rain garden information
- Add your rain garden to the list of 1,000 Rain Gardens in Dane County!
- Seed Mix Instructions
- Landscaping Over Septic Systems with Native Plants
- Native Plant Species Available Through Plant Dane! Cost-Share Program that Tolerate Road Salt
- Winter Salt Injury and Salt-Tolerant Landscape Plants
2017 Plant Dane Schedule
|March 31||Last day orders with payment will be accepted|
|June 3||Plants are delivered to 5201 Fen Oak Drive, Madison, WI, for pick-up 8-11AM|